Something that always comes in handy when camping, hiking, and for survival, is a multi-tool. There are plenty of these out there, so finding the right one can be a challenge. Here are reviews of the best camping multi-tools out there at this time.
Best Camping Multi-Tool
LEATHERMAN – Charge Plus TTi Titanium Multi-tool with Scissors
- PREMIUM DESIGN: This upgraded version of the original Charge combines some of our most requested features made with premium materials and upgraded, replaceable wire cutters
- 19 TOOLS IN 1: Get it all done with pliers, replaceable wire cutters, wire crimper and stripper, serrated and plain knives, saw, spring-action scissors, cutting hook, bottle openers, files and more
- OUR GUARANTEE: We’re proud to stand behind every product that leaves our factory in Portland, Oregon; That’s why we offer our 25-year warranty, so you can be confident your Leatherman lasts a lifetime
- ONE-HAND OPENING: The Charge TTi Plus only requires one hand to open and use all the tools, even the ones that aren’t accessible from the outside; Cut with confidence using its all-locking blades
- ALWAYS ON HAND: Equipped with a pocket clip and quick-release lanyard ring, your Charge TTi Plus is always within reach and ready to work
When it comes to durable and heavy-duty multi-tools for camping, this Leatherman Charge TTi Plus Multi-tool is an interesting option to look into. In terms of overall quality and durability, this model features a titanium handle, stainless steel blades, high-quality metal components, and more.
This is a more expensive multitool, but you do get what you pay for, and here you get a long-lasting tool that can withstand a lot of punishment.
The Leatherman Charge TTi Plus Multi-tool has a cool locking feature which allows all of the components (beside the pliers), to lock into place. It’s a good safety mechanism and it also helps make using this tool a bit easier.
When it comes to usefulness, this is a 19-in-1 tool, and it comes with a variety of tools such as pliers, wire cutters, wire crimpers, scissors, files, various straight and serrated blades, screwdrivers, and more. The lightweight design of this multitool, combined with the pocket quick, and quick-release lanyard make it super portable.
- 19 tools
- Safety locks
- Very durable build
- Very portable
- Quite expensive
Gerber Truss Multi-Tool with Sheath
- Quality crafted tools for every task: Whether saving time, the day, or a life, Gerber delivers professional-grade pocket knives, tools, and equipment. With a Gerber multi tool strapped to your belt, you’re unstoppable.
- All-inclusive multi-tool: 17 tools in one size-conscious design. Designed to tackle tasks for everyday craftsmen to demands of the United States Military, the Truss includes a bottle opener, folding knife, screwdriver, spring-loaded pliers and more.
- MOLLE compatible EDC gear: Low-profile sheath can be mounted vertically or horizontally on belt; Handle is constructed from one piece of steel for additional strength in a slimmer design; Removes excess heft while keeping all of the functionality.
- Built to handle any and all tasks thrown at it: at the job site, around the house, the campground, and everywhere in between. Whether used to explore, hunt, work, defend, or as survival tools, Gerber tackles the tasks of daily life head on.
This is a much more affordable multi-tool than the one just looked at. It comes in at a great price, yet can still hold its own when it comes to camping and survival. This model comes complete with 17 tools which includes spring-loaded needle-nose pliers and normal pliers, wire cutters and strippers, a saw, various screwdrivers, a can and bottle opener, an awl, a straight blade, a serrated blade, and more.
What’s nice is how the Gerber Truss Multi-Tool has a handle made out of a single piece of steel. It manages to be quite lightweight and slim while also maintaining a high level of durability. It’s also worth mentioning that this tool also comes with a locking mechanism to ensure that the tools and blades stay open and secure while in use.
You do get a sheath included, which is convenient for portability, and this sheath can be mounted on a belt loop both horizontally and vertically for your convenience.
- Good price
- Features 17 tools
- Comes with a sheath
- Super portable
- Tools are all very small
Victorinox Swiss Army SwissTool Spirit X Multi-Tool
- A CUT ABOVE THE REST: Compact, agile and ready to face any adventure head-on. Our range of Swisstools continue to be an icon of utility and smart design. These are the most robust tools currently available in the Victorinox range.
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: Renown Swiss made stainless steel construction. Each tool is accessible from the outside and locks into place with its own spring and lock for ultimate precision, comfort, convenience and safety.
- COMPACT CARRY: Bring this tool with you on your daily adventures without sacrificing space. It makes a great gift for any occasion or stocking stuffer for Christmas.
- FIT FOR ALL TASKS: The idea is simple: always be prepared. The Swisstool is a multi-tool with an impressive list of features, ensuring you are ready for anything. Extremely handy, functional and compact, it is a complete toolbox in a single tool.
- TRUSTED QUALITY: Made in Switzerland; Victorinox provides a lifetime guarantee against defects in material and workmanship. Making a lifetime commitment has never been so easy. No assembly required, money back guarantee.
This is an updated version of the highly trusted Swiss Army Knife. Victorinox still makes its products in Switzerland, they’re still super useful and high-quality, and they’re still some of the very best in the world.
One thing that stands out is how it is made with stainless steel, so it manages to be super durable while also maintaining a lightweight and sleek design. It should not get damaged from basic or even heavy use, and it’s not too heavy or chunky to carry around.
What is also really impressive about this tool is that it comes with 27 different functions. We aren’t about to list them all, but whether you need knives, saws, and other blades, or various types of wire tools, pliers, and files, or bottle/can openers, and more, this tool has it all.
The fact that all tools can be accessed from the outside is really convenient. Once open, all tools lock into place and can only be closed using the sliding release lever.
- Superior durability
- Lightweight and durable stainless steel
- Portable design
- Easy to access all tools
- High quality sliding locking mechanism
- Well over 20 tools
- A bit pricey
- Could do with a sheath
SOG Multi-tool Pliers Pocket Tool
- 21 STAINLESS STEEL MULTITOOLS: This large multi-purpose tool and pocket knife is ready for anything; includes pliers, scissors, 2 knives, a 1/4-inch hex bit driver and 12 hex bits and a wood saw
- 2X PLIERS POWER W/ PATENTED COMPOUND LEVERAGE: A tough indoor and outdoor multi tool with a small hex bit set; this tool with tools uses compound leverage to cut, crimp and tighten twice as easy
- 12-PC. HEX BIT KIT W/ TWO 2. 75-INCH BLADES: Comes with a hex bit set and magnetic holder unique to this multipurpose tool; blades featured are serrated and straight-edge
- EDC MULTITOOL SHEATH IN BALLISTIC NYLON: Make your survival an everyday carry; handles tasks for outdoor survival tools with a screwdriver and knife
- SOG MULTITOOL FOR LIFE: Take care of your and we’ll take care of you; we consider repairs and sh083-20nts for properly maintained SOG multi tool knife and survival tools
Here we have a moderately priced multi-tool, one that comes in somewhere between the Swiss Army Knife and the Gerber. It might not be the most expensive multi-tool out there, but it still has a lot of functions and a high level of convenience.
The SOG Multitool Pliers Pocket Tool is made mostly of stainless steel, although it has some weaker components as well, which means that it’s not the most durable. However, what it lacks in overall durability, it makes up for with sheer convenience and functionality.
What really stands out is that this multitool comes with a 12-piece hex bit kit for screwdriving purposes. It also features a variety of other blades, pliers, bottle openers, and more. What’s cool is the compound leverage system for the pliers, which provides you with up to twice the force of other pliers in multitools.
- Convenient design
- Great for screwdriving purposes
- Decent stainless steel
- High level of functionality
- Fairly portable design
- Sheath included
- Compound leverage system
- Not quite as durable as other options
Gerber 30-000469 Dime Mini Multi-Tool
- 12-in-1 multi tool: Features spring loaded pliers, wire cutters, tweezers, bottle opener, fine edge blade and retail package opener
- Stainless steel welded pocket knife includes scissors, medium flat head screwdriver, file, small flat head driver and lanyard ring
- Slim design and butterfly opening allows for easy accessibility and fits compactly in a pocket or on a keychain
- Great for the everyday carry consumer; perfect addition to camping gear, tool box, work wear and fishing gear
- Overall length: 4.25 inches, closed length: 2.75 inches, weight: 2.2 ounces; Included limited lifetime warranty
Here is what is by far the most affordable and cost-effective multi-tool on the list today. The Gerber 30-000469 Dime Mini Multi-Tool is made of stainless steel, and it is very compact, lightweight, and convenient, although it’s probably not quite as durable as some of the others reviewed today.
Due to its small and lightweight design, combined with the lanyard ring, it is very portable and great for being on the go.
This tool features 10 separate tools including spring-loaded needle-nose pliers, a wire cutter, a fine-edge blade, scissors, a file, a couple of screwdrivers, and a couple of other tools. Other than this, it really does not have many other special features, but it comes in at a rock-bottom price.
- Very compact and lightweight
- Convenient butterfly opening
- Lanyard ring for portability
- Decent little tool for basic needs
- 10 in 1
- Great price
- Not as durable as some others
- Comparably few tools
- No locking mechanism
The most important thing for you to pay attention to is that you get a multi-tool that has all of the features you expect to need for camping, so choose wisely!