Best Tactical Boots of 2020: Complete Reviews with Comparisons
Tactical boots are common among men and women in uniform because their line of duty requires them to face strenuous and hectic situations. The working conditions of law enforcement or public safety officers often occur in areas that pose potential safety hazards. Most times, they’re forced to stand on their feet or walk for long hours. Tactical boots reduce stress on their feet and eliminates the discomfort that comes with wearing the wrong shoes.
Tactical or combat boots are rated as the most sturdy and durable shoes for avid outdoorsmen, first responders and connoisseurs of tactical gear. Footwear is one place where the phrase ‘you get what you pay for’ comes to play. For the best tactical boots, you will need to pay more attention to the materials and construction.
Why Would I Need a Pair of Tactical Boots?
One of the main reason why you would spend on a pair of tactical boots is that they will give the kind of comfort that you can never experience with regular shoes. They are waterproof and feature high ankles so that you can walk in the water comfortably. Tactical boots are also resistant to UV light and have excellent traction.
For any shoe to be comfortable, they need to be breathable, and tactical boots are often worn for long hours. With enough airflow, your feet will remain fresh, and you will also avoid contracting foot diseases and bad odor.
Good tactical boots are hard to find when cheap knock-offs appear exactly like high-end gear. Below are some of the top picks, according to experts.
Best Tactical Boots Reviews
Rathco G.I Type Sierra Sole Tactical Boots
- G.I. Type 8” Tactical Boots Are Designed With A Sierra Lug Outsole For Improved Traction While You Are On The Move
- Nylon Coated Brass Speedhook And Eyelet Lacing System Will Keep Your Combat Boots Secured
- Padded Collar Provides Protection & Support Around the Ankle
- Midsole Heat Barrier And A Removable Cushion Insole Ensures All Day Comfort
Rathco is one of the leading tactical combat boots manufacturers in the world, and the Rathco G.I Type Sierra Only Tactical Boots is enough proof of this fact. These affordable pair of high-quality tactical boots are designed for a rugged environment. They offer the best comfort for your feet, plus they are all-weather so that you can be comfortable in them, whether it is cold or when the sun is scorching.
For your safety, these boots offer excellent traction so that you don’t slip even when walking on icy grounds. The outer nylon and suede leather ensures durability and resistance to physical and elemental damages. The Rathco G.I Type Sierra Sole Tactical Boots have a padded collar for extra support and removable inner paddings that act as shock absorbers to protect the feet from injury.
- Rigid and durable
- Extra support from the high tops
- Tough and resistant to damage
- Rubber outer sole for good traction
- Some users found them heavy
Smith and Wesson Breach 2.0 Tactical Side Zip Boots
- SMITH & WESSON FOOTWEAR - Known for outstanding quality and attention to fine detail. We're proud to introduce a boot that sets a new standard for construction, durability, and price. The Breach 2.0 is built upon years of top caliber manufacturing and industry experience.
- TOUGH - The leather and nylon construction is made to provide full protection without compromising on comfort. A gusseted tongue keeps dirt and debris out.
- COMFORTABLE ALL DAY - An EVA Midsole gives lightweight comfort and cradled support, and for added support we used a steel shank. Board-lasted construction creates a torsional rigidity that reduces foot fatigue during long work shifts.
- SLIP RESISTANCE - The rubber outsole is engineered to minimize traction loss with an innovative pattern that grips dirt, waxed surfaces, fences and ladders, and anything the urban jungle can throw at you.
- AFFORDABLE - Breach 2.0 provides high quality construction at a budget-friendly price, giving you the best bang for your buck. No matter your trade, if you require footwear you can count on, the Breach 2.0 works hard like you do to outperform and outlast. Direct Premium Buys donates a portion of the proceeds to Operation First Response, a wounded-warrior charity.
If you are looking for tactical boots with excellent traction, then these should be an excellent option. The Smith and Wesson Violation 2.0 Tactical Side Zip Boots have rubber soles to minimize slipping making them safer. Although many people look at these boots as designed for military use, it is good to know that their features make the ultimate pair for outdoors.
The outer part is made from nylon and leather that makes this pair durable and sturdy for extra comfort and protection. They are also designed for all-weather use, therefore, comfortable in extreme weather conditions. For additional support, the Smith and Wesson Breach 2.0 Tactical Side Zip Boots have mid-sole cushions to alleviate the feet from pressure, especially during long shifts. These boots are designed to reduce feet fatigue, especially for men in uniform who need to stand for long hours.
- Tough and durable
- Good ankle support
- Slip resistant/good traction
- Easy access through the side zippers
- Water can get inside through zippers
Buffer Zone Military Tactical Boots
- Cow suede and nylon upper for a sharp, professional look. Breathable, moisture-wicking lining keeps your feet dry and cool. Durable rubber outsole with aggressive pattern engineered for maximum grip on various terrain. Heavy duty side zipper with Velcro closure for fast on and off.
- Removable, durable, energy returning polyurethane cushion insert for optimal comfort and cushioning. Padded collar and tongue for extra comfort and protection. Semi-rigid heel and toe reinforcement to retain the shape of the boot.
- Lightweight, flexible, shock-absorbing molded EVA midsole for enhanced agility and speed. Athletic cemented construction for proven durability. Composite shank for lateral stability and support.
- Backed by a six months manufacturer’s warranty. Sizes generally run true.
A pair of Buffer Zone Military Tactical Boots will provide safety for your feet thanks to suede upper part that is tough and damage resistant. The rubber outer sole offer excellent traction as rubber is known to provide high friction with other surfaces. Any good shoes must have insoles, and the Buffer Zone Military Tactical Boots provide you with the best quality. EVA inserts ensure that your feet are cushioned so that they don’t end up swelling due to too much pressure. Buffer Zone Military Tactical Boots have a moisture-wicking feature that will keep your sweaty feet dry. The collar of these boots is padded to provide extra comfort and support.
- Excellent support
- Good traction
- Can be used for a long time without ruining the sole
- The wrong size may cause discomfort
Bates GTX Waterproof Tactical Boots
- Waterproof leather and nylon upper
- EVA midsole
- Slip resistant rubber outsole
- Cement construction
Bates GTX Waterproof Tactical Boots feature Gone-Tax lining, which is waterproof to protect your feet when walking on wet grounds. Designed with removable insoles that are cushioned to minimize pressure, you will enjoy a high level of comfort every time you have a pair of these boots on. They’re also lightly padded on the inside to provide your feet with extra comfort and warmth, especially during the cold weather.
One of the main reasons why law enforcement officers prefer having a pair of Bates GTX waterproof tactical boots is because they don’t have any metallic components. That means you can go through metal detectors without triggering the alarms. With a pair of these tactical boots, you can save more time through checks. The Bates GTX waterproof tactical boots are stylish and are known to make an outstanding fashion statement.
- Easy to walk in
- No metallic component
- Good traction
- Water sometimes gets in through the zippers
Danner Tachyon Combat Boots
- Complete synthetic ultralight upper for superior weight savings and dry time
- Abrasion resistant toe cap
- Open cell polyurethane footbed allows for optimal airflow and comfort
- Danner Tachyon rubber outsole features pentagonal lugs for superior surface contact
- Meets US Air Force AFI 36-2903
The Danner Tachyon combat boots can cater to various weather-specific activities. That is because these shoes were designed after extensive research was conducted. A pair of Danner Tachyon Combat Boots will ensure that you are always on your feet thanks to the rubber sole, which provides excellent traction and minimize slipping. Another notable feature of the Danner Tachyon Combat Boots is that they are lightweight and comfortable to wear. These boots are designed to last a lifetime and are perfect for the outdoors.
- Good traction
- Sturdy construction
- Easy to tighten and loosen the laces
- Light weight
- Not durable compared to other tactical boots
- Not suitable for wide feet
Getting the perfect pair of tactical boots can be challenging because of the hundreds of brands out there. Thanks to our list, you job will be so much easier!
Tactical shoes seem heavy to walk around in, but are the best for outdoor activities. These boots are designed to be lightweight because they are commonly used for heavy-duty activities. It is essential to ensure that you get your pair from a trusted dealer to avoid falling victim to unscrupulous sellers.