Best Snake Proof Boots 2020
Snakes can be scary because their venom is poisonous once they bite you. If you are planning to go for an outdoor activity, you need snake proof boots. Snake proof boots, as the name suggests, are footwear designed to prevent snakes from biting you. You can use them if you are planning to walk through potentially risky places like bushes. These boots have long-lasting, all-weather materials designed to stop fangs from reaching your skin, hence preventing venom from being injected. The most frequent users of snake proof boots include hunters, hikers, ranchers, and other people who operate in areas where snakes dwell. If you want to avoid seeking medical attention and safely navigate outdoors, your best bet is a snake-proof pair of boots. This article explores the best snake proof boots you can use on your next camping trip.
1. Irish Setter 2875 Vaprtrek
- 17-inch hunting boot with full grain waterproof leather and lightweight RPM technology
- UltraDry Waterproofing system
- SnakeGuard construction to impede fangs, thorns and other elements from penetrating boot upper
- ScentBan technology to kill odor causing bacteria
- ArmaTec abrasion resistant protective covering
The Irish Setter 2875 Vaprtrek is arguably the best snake boot. It is 17 inches long with long shafts. The boots have full-grain brown leather and synthetic materials. They are also light in weight and extremely comfortable to wear. The RPM technology has flawlessly integrated comfort and durability without making the boot heavier. It is probably impossible to make your feet wet while wearing the boot due to the ultra-dry waterproofing system. Additionally, they have snake guard construction that keeps off fangs, thorns, and any other bothers from penetrating. The manufacturer incorporates the ScentBan technology that destroys any bad odors.
- The shaft is long enough – 17 inches
- Has numerous features
- Light in weight
- Seventeen inches shaft might not be the longest for gigantic individuals.
2. Muck Boots Pursuit Snake Proof Boots
- REALTREE XTRA CAMO: Our REALTREE Xtra camo pattern blends perfectly year-round in a variety of habitats and seasons. Perfect for fall weather throughout winter, and again in early spring before the summer greenery hits.
- SECURE ELASTIC CUFF: The elastic cuff snugs calf to seal in warmth while keeping cold and debris out. The high-grade rubber exterior provides an additional waterproof barrier for extra toughness in more difficult terrain.
- 4MM NEOPRENE INSULATION: Provides comfort, flexibility, and warmth along with excellent waterproofing and great overall heat retention. The scent free fleece lining provides exceptional warmth in cooler environments, making our boots perfect for the fall to spring seasons.
- 100% WATERPROOF: High-grade rubber exterior provides extra toughness and makes for a 100% waterproof hunting boot; EVA contoured midsole, and the PU comfort insole allows for lightweight cushioning, shock absorption and comfort.
- PRECISE TRACTION AND STABILITY: Aggressive rubber outsole with reinforced toe cap allows for maximum protection and stability with an integrated heel kick for easy on/off.
The Muck boots exterior is made of rubber and is completely waterproof. It has the XpressCool fabric lining inside that keeps it fresh in hot weather. Your feet will be kept comfortable and in place thanks to the anti-friction sock liner. What’s more, you are assured of soft steps by the EVA midsole. You will have minimum shock to your feet due to the rubber outsole pods that provide better padding.
- Completely waterproof
- Extra comfort
- Removable insole
- Keeps feet cool in high temperatures
- They are quite difficult to take off
3. Pronghorn Danner Snake Proof Boots
- 360˚ snake-proof protection
- Breathable mesh liner
- Molded, open-cell PU footbed. Nylon shank.
- Danner Plyolite EVA midsole offers lasting support and rebound
- Danner Vital outsole provides grip on moss, rock and slick surfaces
The Pronghorn Danner snake boots have brown leather rubber soles. Their shaft is relatively long, about 15 inches. This provides an all-round snake bite prevention shield. The boots are also light in weight. They are popular among the hunters hence the name Danner hunting shoes. But it is worth every penny, especially with the full-grain leather and waterproof capability.
- Extraordinary snake guard
- Easy fit
- Excellent traction
- It is somewhat costly
4. Rocky Prolight Cheap Snake Boots
- Prolight BioMech outsole provides excellent traction on uneven surfaces
- Snakeproof protection
- Durable Nylon
- Full Grain Leather
- Guaranteed Rocky wateproof construction
If you are looking for a medium-priced snake proof boot, then the Rocky Prolight is a perfect choice. Rocky Prolight has full-grain leather with a sturdy nylon. It also has a long enough shaft measuring 16 inches long. The outsole is made by Prolight Biomech and has an exceptional grip on numerous surfaces. The latest designs have incorporated a waterproof layer that covers the whole boot. Also, you will enjoy the super lightweight feel.
- Completely waterproof
- Exceptional grip on different surfaces
- Very comfortable
- Long-lasting sole
- Very safe
- They droop quickly if not tightly laced
5. Venom Scent APG HD LaCrosse Snake Boots
- Full-grain leather with 1000 Denier nylon upper plus abrasion resistant toe cap for rugged durability
- Total protection with flexible 360° Snake Guard plus scent-free and 100% waterproof Scent Dry lining
- Side zipper for easy on/off with full lacing system for an adjustable, secure fit
- Realtree APG (425615), Mossy Oak NWTF Obsession (425616), Realtree Edge (425618)
If you are looking for a longer snake proof boot with more serious levels of snakebite protection, this is your best pick. This boot is a bit longer with an 18-inch long shaft. The upper part of the boot comprises of leather and fabric. The sole design is also great, since it’s is made from a thick rubber. You don’t have to worry about hot weather or cold weather as the lining inside the boot will keep you dry. There is no bad odor when you take them off. The internal surface is made from materials that fight smell producing bacteria.
- Longer shaft – 18.’’
- Best in all-terrain
- Outsole durability not remarkable
Best Snake Proof Boots Buyers Guide
Here’s what you need to consider when buying snake proof boots.
The boots you select must offer proper protection. It is advisable to pick a model that will provide the best protection because snakes can bite above the feet. In your shopping, consider boots with a longer shaft that can reach up to your knees.
Bite Resistant fabric
Select boots made from materials that are hard for the snake bites to go through. Consider boots made from leather, Cordura nylon, and denim, among others.
Integration of comfort with other great features is essential because you might wear the boots the whole day while hunting or hiking. Before selecting a particular boot, check out some of the comfort features offered by the manufacturer. The boots should have stretchy points that make putting them on comfortable.
Closures affect the comfort and overall protection of the boot. Select a snake-proof boot that is devoid of weak points. Each boot has its pros and cons, depending on the design. For instance, zippers make the boot easy to wear but can easily break and expose you to snake bites.
These boots are knee-high hence tend to make your feet sweat. Proper air circulation will prevent your feet from sweating all the time. Select a boot that will keep your feet cool all the time.
Picking your best hunting boot is not a simple exercise, as many would want to assume. It would be great if you considered the above essential factors before selecting a snake-proof boot. You can also choose the best snake proof boots in the market from our suggestions above. With this information, selecting a snake proof boost shouldn’t be a challenge anymore.