Best Prepper Foods to Stockpile
No matter what kind of emergency or world-changing event you are preparing for, one thing you will need is food, and lots of it. Right now we want to go over some of the best prepper foods to stockpile for emergency situations.
Best Prepper Foods to Stockpile
KIND Breakfast Probiotic Bars
- Contains 32 - 1.76oz Apple Cinnamon KIND Breakfast Probiotic bars
- Soft baked with a crispy outside, these bars are a perfect part of an on-the-go breakfast. Each two-bar pack has at least one full serving of whole grains.
- Made with 5 super grains that pack a nutty flavor and make this whole grain party much more tasty then oats alone
- Gluten free, No Genetically Modified Ingredients, 0g Trans Fat, Kosher
- 500 million CFU probiotic cultures* per serving
If you are looking to stock up on breakfast foods or snacks for between meals, or some super portable foods that you can take with you on the go, these KIND Breakfast Probiotic Bars are a good option to look into. Each box comes with a total of 32 bars.
There are a variety of flavors to choose from — there is orange-cranberry, apple-cinnamon, blueberry-almond, peanut butter, peanut butter-banana, and there are some variety packs too.
Each bar comes loaded to the brim with probiotic cultures, which are great for maintaining a healthy digestive tract. Two of these bars have a full day’s serving of whole grains, with whole grains being quite healthy.
There are actually 5 different whole grains included in these bars — oats, millet, buckwheat, quinoa, and amaranth.
It’s worth noting that these KIND Breakfast Probiotic Bars are gluten-free and they don’t contain any GMOs. Each bar is also kosher and contains no trans fats. Keep in mind that they do however contain a lot of sugar.
- Tasty snack
- Ideal for stockpiling
- Decent shelf life
- Healthy whole grain oats
- Good for stomach health
- No GMO, trans fats + Kosher and gluten-free
- Lots of sugar
Chef Boyardee Overstuffed Italian Sausage Ravioli
- You'll love the taste of Chef Boyardee Overstuffed Italian Sausage Ravioli, a delicious and convenient meal that's ready to eat in minutes
- Real Italian sausage and enriched pasta in a hearty tomato sauce give Chef Boyardee Overstuffed Italian Sausage Ravioli the timeless flavor everyone loves
- Ready to serve in just 90 seconds, Chef Boyardee Overstuffed Italian Sausage Ravioli is the heat and eat meal busy families can count on
- Simple and easy to make, anyone can grab Chef Boyardee Overstuffed Italian Sausage Ravioli off the shelf when they need a quick snack
- Chef Boyardee Overstuffed Italian Sausage Ravioli is packed with 9 grams of protein and 240 calories per serving in each 15 ounce, easy open can; This pack contains 12 cans
His name is Chef Boyardee and darn does he make some good food. No, of course it’s not a gourmet pasta you’d find in an Italian diner, but considering that it’s canned ravioli, it actually tastes pretty good.
These are overstuffed sausage raviolis, but there are other options available, including overstuffed beef ravioli, lasagna, jumbo spaghetti and meatballs, chicken ravioli, cheesy burger macaroni, big beefaroni, and cheese ravioli.
Keep in mind that each purchase comes with a pack of 12 cans of the selected product, and each can contains 425 grams (just under 1 pound). Of course, the big advantage of canned food like this is that it has a very long shelf life — several years in fact.
These Chef Boyardee canned pastas have enough calories, protein, sugars, and fats to keep you alive. However, make no mistake about it, these pastas are not overly healthy or loaded with vitamins, yet, they will definitely keep you ticking.
- Super long shelf life
- Comes in many flavors/types
- 12 cans included
- Easy to stack/store
- Great price
- Not exactly the healthiest food in the world
Bob’s Red Mill Potato Flour
- One, 24 oz. bag (1.5 lbs.)
- Gluten Free; Vegan; Vegetarian; Kosher Pareve
- Manufactured in a dedicated gluten free facility; R5-ELISA tested gluten free
- Grain free flour
If you are in it for the long haul and you need something to make pasta and bread with, but don’t want grain-based flour, such as wheat flour, then this Bob’s Red Mill Potato Flour is a great option to look into. Potato flour can be used to make a variety of foods from scratch.
The shelf life of this potato flour might not be as long as with canned foods, but if kept in a dry and cool spot, it should stay good for quite some time, although, it is susceptible to moisture.
That said, one reason why you may like potato flour such is because it is gluten-free. If you are gluten intolerant, it’s going to be one of the best options for you. It is also worth noting that this potato flour is also vegan.
- Actually tastes good
- Can be used to make a variety of foods
- Vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free
- Shelf life is not the best
- Susceptible to moisture
Barney Almond Butter
- SKIN-FREE, CALIFORNIA ALMONDS – We blanch premium California almonds to remove the skin to produce an ultra-smooth, no-stir, grit-free texture
- BARE ESSENTIALS - Only two ingredients; the same great taste without added sugar or salt
- NON-GMO - Our small-batch blends use only the finest ingredients
- ALLERGEN FREE – Peanut-Free, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Egg-Free
- FITS YOUR LIFESTYLE - Clean eating plant based protein that is certified Paleo, KETO, Vegan and Kosher
Peanut butter tastes great, but you may prefer the taste of almond butter, or you may just want a change. Almond butter is also a good option if you are allergic to peanuts. More than that, this Barney Almond Butter is also gluten-, soy-, dairy-, and egg-free, which means that it should not contain any allergens.
A good part about almond butter is that it has a lot of protein and calories, it does not have much sugar, and yes, it does taste quite good too. Sure, it is quite fatty and not overly packed with vitamins, but it will provide you with a lot of energy, and on a side note, it contains minimal salt.
This almond butter has a long shelf life, making it ideal for prepping. Moreover, it comes in many options including smooth, crunchy, chocolate, and more. Finally, the almonds used are blanched premium California almonds with the skin removed for a smooth and grit-free texture.
- Long shelf life
- Allergen free
- Lots of energy (calories)
- Premium almonds
- Some variety
St. Dalfour French Bistro
- St. Dalfour's commitment to quality, healthy eating, and superior taste is unwavering and never subject to compromise
- This St. Dalfour item is ready to eat providing you a delicious gourmet meal on the go
- All natural and comes conveniently in an easy to open lid
- Make St. Dalfour part of your rich and healthy diet today
- Product of France
If you are looking to stock up on full meals, this St. Dalfour French Bistro option is a good choice to keep in mind. This is a canned meal, with this one being a can of veggies and salmon. There are actually a number of different ready-to-go meals made by this brand, with chicken, fish, beef, pork, pasta, and others too.
What is nice is that the cans are vacuum sealed, which means that they have a very long shelf life, all without the use of harsh or dangerous chemical preservatives. What’s also nice is that these are easy to heat up with a hot plate, in a pan, or just over an open fire.
If need be, it can even be eaten cold (although not recommended), and yes, it even comes with a fork included. When you purchase St. Dalfour French Bistro, you get 6 cans, each with 6.2 ounces of food. Keep in mind that 6.2 ounces is not a lot, not enough for a full meal.
- Long shelf life
- Many flavors
- Fairly healthy
- Comes with a fork
- Easy to heat
- Cans are small
Remember that when it comes to the best prepper foods for stockpiling, it’s all about the shelf life. Sure, the taste and nutritional value are both important, but those things are irrelevant if the food goes bad befo