Last Updated on June 12, 2023 by Umar
Command blocks are special blocks in Minecraft that allow players to execute commands and automate processes on their servers
They are mainly used in creative worlds, multiplayer servers, or custom maps to aid Minecraft players
However, command blocks cannot be obtained or used in survival mode without enabling and using cheats.
Breaking Command Blocks in Survival
Command blocks cannot be mined in survival mode
They have the same blast resistance as bedrock and cannot be destroyed by fire
They also cannot be broken in either survival or creator mode unless the host or operator grants permissionIn fact, command blocks are one of the three blocks in Minecraft without the ability to be mined, with the other two being structure blocks and jigsaw blocks.
Obtaining Command Blocks in Survival
While it is not possible to obtain command blocks in survival mode without enabling cheats, there are some methods to obtain them with cheats activated.
For Minecraft Bedrock Edition, you can follow these steps
- Enable cheats in your world or Realm settings.
- Turn on Creative Mode in your world or Realm settings.
- Open the chat box and enter “/give [your username] command_block”
- Place the block where you want it. You can turn off cheats and Creative Mode after placing the blocks in your desired location.
For Minecraft Java Edition, you can follow these steps:
- Go to the “server.properties” file in your server’s config files.
- Change the line that says “enable-command-block=false” to “enable-command-block=true”
Using Command Blocks in Survival
Although command blocks cannot be used in survival mode without enabling cheats, they can be used in creative mode or on multiplayer servers to handle various tasks such as teleportation, dispensing items, and managing weather
To use command blocks effectively, players need to be well-versed in Minecraft’s commands and how they operate
In conclusion, command blocks cannot be broken or used in survival mode without enabling cheats.
They are mainly used in creative mode or on multiplayer servers for various purposes.
If you want to use command blocks in survival mode, you will need to enable cheats and follow the steps mentioned above to obtain and use them.